Chain Runner by Marston's Inns
Almondvale Business Park,
- The bath in the bathrooms. The hotel was very quiet. Good pub and restaurant
- The food was very good and the staff were excellent
- A clean and peaceful place with retail parks around to do shopping and not too far from the City of Edinburgh.
- This place is a little gem. Restaurant and rooms are in separate buildings, so noise is not an issue. In fact this is one of the quietest places we have stayed in. The restaurant food is great and Breakfast is tasty and substantial. Staff are always friendly and welcoming and they cannot do enough for you. Any issues are dealt with immediately. Rooms are cool with good black out curtains so no light pollution from outside. Unlike some places, this one has windows that do open, so much more comfortable because of good ventilation. Everything is exceptionally clean and rooms are also a very good size. We travel to this area regularly and this will always be our first choice.
- Took ages to check in as the staff were unorganised and didn’t seem to know what they were doing.
- Very comfortable room with plenty of space for three, cooked Breakfast very tasty nothing to much trouble.
- I was happy to stay here. This is almost a perfect hotel and very affordable. Room was so clean and the location was perfect. I will visit again definitely. Thanks.
- The bedroom was very clean, the water pressure was good, the tv and the internet good with no problems and the ladies from the pub where you have to check in were very helpful and nice
- The hotel is very easy to get to and close enough to Edinburgh and Glasgow to get the train and arrive within 20 minutes. The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful with advising us on how to get to Edinburgh and booking our taxi to the train station. They also gave us great advice on where to go when we arrived at the Edinburgh fringe. Most importantly they allowed us to check in early since we arrived so early. This was so helpful to us after 4 days of camping. Breakfast was also as expected. Good choice of continental bits and cooked. Choice between full English, eggs Ben or even pancakes. Great selection. My only complaint would be the yogurts were not refrigerated so by 9:30 they were a little warm. Not the end of the world. The hotel is clean and beds super comfy. Cannot fault this hotel for anyone visiting Edinburgh and looking for a slightly cheaper stay.
- Location and room were good. Staff were excellent
- Room adequate. Vegetarian breakfast excellent. Evening meal excellent
- Pedimos un english breakfast y sinceramente, estaba riquísimo!
- Lovely place, surely I’ll use the chain it in the future.
- Everything it was comfortable clean and the staff were friendly couldn’t ask for a better hotel stay
- The place was OK, with a good variety of food both for breakfast and dinner. It is located near a large shopping outlet in a business park but it is still rather quiet. I think it is a perfect place for shoppers.
- Near the city of Edinburgh with good public transport services into and out of the city. Good food for dinner.
- Very helpful staff, comfortable clean rooms at a very good price
- Location was good and rooms were comfortable.
- location good for sightseeing - breakfast ok - staff lovely
- Breakfast was good, if non-flexible in terms of number of Eggs etc..
- Good location, free parking and WiFi. Rooms are big and comfortable.
- Food was fab with nice large portions. Hotel is just 2 mins from the retail park. Manager was really attentive.