- Fabulously restored historic property. It is a small stately home set in a very private park of its own. Grieg, the staff member meeting us, was most helpful throughout our stay. The breakfast was first class. There are vegetarian offerings at breakfast. However, we ordered the wonderful Full English Breakfast. Everything was prepared with great care. You are given access to the drawing room and other rooms. There are some beautiful large old trees on the property and you are welcomed to walk amongst the gardens of the property. The room had a comfortable bed with all white sheets and duvet. There was a large screen TV in the room. A large closet and an efficient kitchenette in the room. One has just about everything one could ask for in a B&B experience. Highly recommended.
- Our host was exceptionally friendly and helpful and cold not have done more to make us feel welcome. We very much enjoyed our stay in this interesting old house decorated in period style but with all modern conveniences and comfort.
- Good hosts, brilliant location to visit Edinburgh. We got train in to Edinburgh for festival and avoided being stuck in traffic. Nice room.
- We just like it, It's our 2nd visit and we'll aim to book again next year.
- Room was lovely, plenty space and very comfortable. Very nice shower. Large room with tea making facilities. The food was great at breakfast time...plenty of choice for cereals etc and a good cooked breakfast. Lovely dining room.
- Breakfast!! - especially the fact that breakfast was available from early and up to 1030am. The accommodation was so comfortable and clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. A wonderful stay and we would love to return some day!
- Glorious house set in a lovely gardens. Furnished beautifully. Loved the little touches by Greig and Ian that made our stay so warm and welcoming. Huge and delicious cooked breakfast that included Haggis and Black Pudding ! We will certainly stay again.
- Everything about our stay was fantastic! I received a text from Grieg before our flight took off from London with directions to the property. Very helpful as it is easy to miss the sign on the road to get up the drive to this beautiful mansion house. Yes it really is a mansion! Decorated beautifully, not too flouncy though, just very tasteful. Iain and Grieg have a great eye for art too. breakfast was delicious and they were very acommadating with time to eat as its cooked to order. Especially good when you want to eat breakfast later! As we weren't driving I was initially concerned about how we would get to the wedding venue, a short taxi journey to Harburn Barn as it turned out! Also where to eat dinner locally and how to get into Edinburgh. All so easy thanks to Iain's help. The Brucefield Carvery a 10 minute walk was cheap and cheerful and the food was so good! When you're at Limefield you are largely on your own with access to a gorgeous sitting room but the guys are around should you need anything, just a text message away. There were such nice added touches that made our stay so great but I'll be waffling on for ages!Just wish I had booked for more than 2 nights. Thank you guys and we will definitely be back!
- Breakfast was delicious, the welcome was warm and I felt at home through out my stay. Ian and Greig did a great job of looking after me - I felt like a house guest, in a very beautiful home. My room had a huge Victorian bath which looked out over the treetops - I usually prefer a shower, but a serene bath each morning was a great start to the day.
- The house has been nicely restored with an interesting collection of antiques. A lot of silver wear and Chinese vases. The sitting room lovely and the complimentary scotch appreciated. Very comfortable large twin room and en-suite bathroom.
- Wonderful and friendly welcome! Well located and really great!
- Fantastic accommodation and facilities. We loved the property and it’s history. Large rooms and tons of space around the estate it’s in. I even played the piano (badly) hahaha
- The friendly and helpful management and staff
- This is an absolute gem of a place - a little bit of history hidden away in a beautiful garden filled with mature trees. The house is beautifully decorated with so many lovely touches and it was a joy to sit quietly in the drawing room, taking everything in. The complimentary drinks were very much appreciated as was our excellent breakfast in the rather grand dining room. If you are looking for something a little different from the corporate hospitality norm then this is the place for you. Greig makes you feel so welcome and I enjoyed hearing a little about the fascinating history of Limefield. Such a shame we couldn’t stay longer!
- Everything was way above our expectations- Grieg is simply lovely, Sam and Bobo are too cute, the gentleman who prepared breakfast was too nice, the facilities were great - there is nothing that we can fault in our stay at Limefield House
- Beautiful house and surroundings pet friendly very attentive staff
- Beautiful building, good size room and en-suite. Breakfast was extra good.
- The fresh fruit at breakfast was welcome as was the Aberdeen roll. Offered complimentary drinks on arrival in the lounge. A very quiet and restful place with beautiful antiques n furnishings. Wanted to stay longer.
- We did a last minute booking, an hour before arrival, and were greeted warmly. The room was large, the en-suite was lovely, towels and linens all of high quality. It’s an old house with some good character and a nice big sitting room for guests. Complimentary drinks were available in the sitting room that evening. The house is set back from the road, big garden and very quiet. We didn’t book breakfast as we were visiting family and eating with them. Very happy with our stay.
- The manager Greinton was friendly and helpful
- I loved the old style grandeur of the place, and spacious bedroom. It had luxurious thick carpet in the bathroom, huge bath and lovely thick towels. There was no separate shower in my room, a shower attachment connected to the bath taps, so if you want a modern power shower this isn't for you. Lovely garden area too, but as it was raining that weekend I didn't get chance to sit outside.
- Beautiful building, lovely rooms and the warmest of welcomes.
- A wee hidden gem . Host Greg was lovely and welcoming -nothing was too much trouble . Breakfast choice was fantastic -even for two fussy eaters like ourselves 🤣
- Limefield is an excellent place. If you like boring Premier Inn or Travelodge, then go to one of them. If you like something better, different and interesting, then Limefield is a cracker. A bit off the wall but very good and comfortable with top class hosts.